Five alumni from the University of Baltimore School of Law have been honored in the 2020 Leadership in Law awards sponsored by The Daily Record.
- Anthony J. DiPaula, J.D. ’84 – Law Offices of Anthony J. DiPaula, P.A.
- Kumudha Kumarachandran, J.D. ’12 – Cordell & Cordell
- David A. Weiskopf, J.D. ’96 – St. Mary’s County Government
- Maya Zegarra, J.D. ’15 – HIAS
- Lauren B. Ziegler, J.D. ’11 – Nemphos Braue
According to The Daily Record, Leadership in Law recognizes Maryland’s legal professionals – lawyers and judges – for outstanding dedication to their occupation and to their communities. A panel of legal and business leaders selected the winners.
Nominations for all the awards were received from the newspaper’s readers, in addition to area law firms, bar associations, chambers of commerce and the business and legal communities at large. Nominees were asked to complete an application that outlined their career accomplishments, community involvement and mentoring activities that they believe distinguish them as outstanding leaders in the law.
The honorees are expected to be celebrated with a dinner and an awards ceremony scheduled for May 21. Congratulations to our alumni on this remarkable achievement!